Please follow our legal guidelines when viewing information from this web site.
The Life Sciences business in North America is a part of Saint-Gobain Performance Plastics Corporation.
- COMPANY INFORMATION
This institutional website accessible at the address www.fluidtransfer.saint-gobain.com (the “Site”) is owned and edited by Saint-Gobain Ceramics & Plastics, Inc., a company with its registered office at 31500 Solon Rd., Solon, Ohio 44139 (the “Company”). The Company is registered in the United States of America.
The Company’s contact details are:
Telephone number: +1 800-798-1554
The information relating to the design of and visuals used on the Site appears in the "Credits" section if applicable.
The purpose of the Site is to provide information on products and services (such as data sheets, knowledge based articles, and similar materials) purposely made available by the Company for downloading.
- INTELLECTUAL PROPERTY
The intellectual property rights over the content presented on the Site and each element created for this Site (including press releases, product descriptions, customer guides or tips, and FAQs) are the sole property of the Company, which grants no license or right other than that of consulting the Site. The reproduction of all documents published on the Site (in particular, photographs, films and animations) is authorized solely for information purposes and for personal and private use. Any reproduction and any use of copies made for other purposes are expressively prohibited, except with the prior written permission of the Company. In particular, the corporate names, logos, products, brands and domain names mentioned on this Site are the sole property of the Company and must not be used without prior written authorization from the Company.
- DISCLAIMER OF WARRANTY - LIABILITY
The Site is provided by the Company on an “as is” basis. The Company makes no representations or warranties of any kind, express or implied, as to the operation of the Site, or the information, content, materials and/or products included on this Site. To the full extent permissible by applicable law, the Company disclaims all warranties, express or implied, including but not limited to implied warranties of merchantability, fitness for a particular purpose, title and/or non-infringement.
The Company may not be held responsible for errors or omissions in the information disseminated or technical problems encountered on the Site and on all the other sites to which it establishes links, or any interpretation of the information published on these sites, or the consequences of their use.
More generally, the Company will not be held liable for any damage, direct or indirect, whatever the cause, origin, nature or consequence, caused by the access of anyone to the Site or the impossibility of accessing it, or by the use of the Site and/or the credit given to any information coming directly or indirectly from this Site.
- LINKS TO THIRD PARTY WEBSITES
This Site may contain links to third party websites edited and maintained by third party companies, individuals or agencies as a convenience to users. These third party websites are not under the control of the Company, and the Company shall not be held liable for the accuracy of the information provided by such third party websites or any damage caused by their access or browsing. The Company does not monitor or review the content of such third party websites and therefore advises you that your access to and use of any such third party websites is at your own risk.
The Company may revise or withdraw any content on the Site, in whole or in part, at any time without notice.
- SUBMISSION OF INFORMATION
To the extent permitted by law, the propriety of any feedback or other material submitted by users of the Site, such as comments, suggestions, or the like, shall be transferred royalty-free to the Company which is free to reproduce, use, disclose and distribute such material throughout the world without limitation. Further, the Company shall be free to use any ideas, concepts, know-how or techniques contained in such material for any purpose whatsoever including but not limited to developing, producing and marketing products incorporating such information.
By submitting material on the Site, users represent and warrant that they own or control all of the rights over the material that you post. You agree that the rights granted to the Company are irrevocable during the entire period of protection of the intellectual property rights associated with such material.
The Company may terminate the use of the Site at any time without notice of termination. Upon termination, the rights and licenses granted to users will be terminated and users shall cease all use of the Site.
- APPLICABLE LAW
WHAT IS THIS
At Saint-Gobain, privacy is a serious matter and we are committed to protecting it.
In accordance with the General Data Protection Regulation (“GDPR”), this policy explains when, why and how companies in our group governed by this Regulation:
- collect personal data about individuals;
- use this information;
- disclose this kind of data to others, when this is necessary and under certain conditions;
- keep secure and confidential this personal data.
WHAT ARE THE POLICY CHANGES
This policy may evolve over time so please check the date on this page to make sure that you have the latest version.
This policy was last updated on 17th of May 2017.
WHO WE ARE
The Saint-Gobain group (hereafter the “Group”) is made up of numerous individual companies. Whenever dealing with one of our Group companies (hereafter the “Company”), the “controller” of your personal data will be the Company that decides why and how your personal data is processed.
Where this policy refers to “we”, “our” or “us” below, unless mentioned otherwise, this refers to the particular Company that is the controller of your personal data.
HOW AND WHAT PERSONAL INFORMATION IS COLLECTED
We may collect and process the following personal data:
Personal data you give to us: this is information about you that you give to us, entirely voluntarily, by entering information via:
- one of our websites;
- our mobile applications;
- social media platforms;
- corresponding with us by phone, email or otherwise.
Example: this includes information provided at the time of registering to use our websites, subscribing to the services we provide through our websites, posting material or requesting further services, managing your account online (including accessing documentation and engaging in correspondence with us by phone, email or otherwise). We may also ask you for information when you report a problem with our websites. If you complete any surveys requested for research purposes, we will collect information in such circumstances as well.
The information you give us may relate to your identification, such as your name, address, email address and phone number, or enquiry details, and may include records of any correspondence and responses to any surveys.
Personal data we collect about you: we may automatically collect the following information:
- details of transactions you carry out through the websites, and your visits to our websites, including, but not limited to, traffic data, location data, weblogs and other communication data, and the resources you access;
- technical information, automatically collected, including anonymous data collected by the hosting server for statistical purposes, the Internet protocol (IP) address used to connect your computer or device to the Internet, browser type and version, time zone setting, browser plug-in types and versions, operating system and platform. Please see cookies for further information;
- any personal data which you allow to be shared that is part of your public profile or third party social network.
Personal data we may receive from other sources: we obtain certain personal data about you from sources outside our business which may include our Group companies or other third party companies.
The remaining provisions of this policy also apply to any personal data we obtain from these sources.
WHY AND HOW WE USE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We process your personal data lawfully for:
- the purpose of handling communication and exchange of information with our websites users;
- the purpose of managing our customer/prospect relations; notably when processing your orders, responding to your requests or by regularly sending you news and information on our products, our brands or our initiatives that might arouse your interest;
- any other specific purpose indicated at the time of collecting the information.
We may use and process your personal data principally:
- where you have provided freely given and explicit CONSENT and for specific, determined and legitimate purposes.
You may withdraw your consent for us to use your information by contacting us at any time.
- where it is necessary for us to pursue our LEGITIMATE INTERESTS as a business, provided that your interests or your fundamental rights and freedoms are not overriding, taking into consideration your reasonable expectations, based on your relationship with us. For example, for the following purposes:
- direct marketing activities (other than where we rely on your consent) as analysis to inform our marketing strategy, and to enhance and personalise your user experience;
- assess and improve our service to customers through recordings of any calls with our contact centres;
- detection, prevention and mitigation of fraudulent or other illegal activities;
- network and information security in order for us to take steps to protect your information against loss or damage, theft or unauthorised access.
- where it is necessary for us to COMPLY WITH A LEGAL OBLIGATION and notably:
- to assist a public authority or criminal investigation body;
- to identify you when you contact us under certain legal circumstances;
- to verify the accuracy of data we hold about you.
- where it is required for the PERFORMANCE OF A CONTRACT we have with you, or because you have asked us to take specific steps before entering into a contract. This will include information that we process in order to enable you to make use of our website and the services we provide through it.
WHO MAY RECEIVE OR HAVE ACCESS TO YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We may share your information with other Companies within the Saint-Gobain group for internal administrative purposes or for marketing purposes in connection with the products and/or services that complement their own range of products and/or services that might interest you.
We may also transmit your personal data when we redirect your request to our contacts within the Group who are able to handle your request (for example, to solve a problem you have reported to us).
Our suppliers and service providers
We may disclose your information to our third party service providers, agents, subcontractors and other organisations for the purposes of providing services to us or directly to you on our behalf. Such third parties may include cloud service providers (such as hosting and email management) or advertising agencies, administrative services, credit reference agencies, credit/debit card payment processors, customer satisfaction surveys or other third parties who provide services to us and assist us in the operation of our business and website.
When we use third party service providers, we only disclose personal data that is necessary for them to provide their service and we have a contract in place that requires them to keep your information secure and confidential, and not to use it other than in accordance with our specific instructions.
Third parties who provide products and services to you through us
We work closely with various third parties to bring you a range of products and services which are complementary to those which we provide. In particular, we may offer finance or insurance products in relation to our own products and services.
When you enquire about or purchase one or more of these products or services through us, the relevant third party may use your details to provide you with information and to carry out their obligations arising from any contracts you have entered into with them.
Other ways we may share your personal data
We may transfer your personal data:
- to a third party as part of a sale of some or all of our business assets to any third party or as part of any business restructuring or reorganisation;
- if we are under a duty to disclose or share it in order to comply with any legal obligation or when this disclosure is required by applicable laws, court orders or government regulations, to detect or report a crime, to enforce or apply the terms of our contracts or to protect the rights, property or safety of our visitors and customers;
- if you have consented to the disclosure.
However, we will always take steps to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected.
WHERE WE STORE YOUR PERSONAL DATA
Your information is stored either in our databases or in the databases of our service providers. Mainly because of the international dimension of the Saint-Gobain group and in order to optimize service quality, the information you provide to us may be transferred to countries outside the European Economic Area (EEA).
In such cases, we will take to the appropriate security and confidentiality measures to ensure that your privacy rights continue to be protected as outlined in this policy. These steps include imposing contractual obligations on the recipient of your personal data or ensuring that the recipients have subscribed to “international frameworks” that aim to ensure adequate protection.
HOW LONG WE KEEP YOUR PERSONAL DATA
We retain your personal data for a period of time necessary to achieve the purpose for which we use that information and to fulfil our obligations under other laws. Except in specific cases, this period is specified at the time the information is collected.
We do not retain personal data in an identifiable format for longer than is necessary.
WHAT ARE YOUR RIGHTS
Subject to applicable law and certain exemptions, restrictions or circumstances, you may have the right:
- To access your personal data;
- To correct, modify and update your personal data;
- To erase your personal data or restrict its processing;
- To withdraw your consent;
- To object to our use of your personal data for automated decisions made about you;
- To ask us to transfer your personal data in a structured data file to you or to another service provider if it is technically possible (data portability);
- To lodge a complaint with the competent supervisory authority and seek a judicial remedy.
These rights may be exercised by written request sent to the contact details that will be provided to you at the time of data collection. A reply will be provided to you within a reasonable delay, in accordance with the applicable regulations.
HOW WE ENSURE SECURITY AND CONFIDENTIALITY OF YOUR DATA
Our aim is to keep your data as safe and secure as possible at all times. Once we have received your personal data, we put in place reasonable and appropriate technical and organisational measures and controls to prevent as much as possible any accidental or unlawful destruction, loss, alteration, or unauthorised access.
HOW COOKIES WORK
“Cookies” are small pieces of information sent to your device and stored on its hard drive to allow our website to recognise you when you visit.
- What is the purpose of these cookies?
We use these cookies to remember which pages you visited to build a profile of your online behaviour. This profile is not linked to your name, address, e-mail address or suchlike.
- Do cookies know who I am?
No. A cookie does not record your name, address, age or other personal details. They only remember your preferences and interest(s) from your surfing behaviour.
- Functional and non-functional cookies
There are functional and non-functional cookies. Functional cookies are needed for the website to work properly or to make sure that the desired information is shown quickly and accurately each time you visit our website. For example, you do not have to enter your details, mention your preferences or change your settings again upon your next visit. Non-functional cookies tell us about the number of visitors to the website and how these visitors use the site. We can use this information to improve the website. These files automatically disappear as soon as you close your internet browser or stay saved on your computer for up to 12 months after your last visit.
Functional cookies have uses including:
-remembering your login details
-guaranteeing the security of your login details
-guaranteeing the uniformity of the appearance of the website
-Non-functional (analysis) cookies have uses including:
-counting the numbers of visitors to the website
-recording how visitors use the website
-improving the performance of the website
-improving your user experience on the website
You can find more information about cookies and cookie law at www.youronlinechoices.com.
- Analytics cookies on this website
This website uses Google Analytics, a web analytics service provided by Google, Inc. ("Google"). The information generated by the cookie about your use of this website (including your IP address) will be transmitted to a Google server in the USA and stored there. Google will use this information for the purpose of evaluating your use of the website, compiling reports on website activities for website operators and providing other services relating to website activity and internet usage. Google may also transfer this information to third parties where this is required by law or insofar as third parties process this data on behalf of Google. Google will never associate your IP address with any other data held by Google. You may refuse the installation of cookies by selecting the appropriate settings on your browser; however please note that if you do so you may not be able to use the full functionality of this website. By using this website you consent to the processing by Google of data relating to you in the manner and for the purposes mentioned above.
View Google Analytics cookies for more information.
Another alternative to deactivate Google Analytics is to install a small plugin proposed by Google for the major browsers.