Saint-Gobain is a leading manufacturer of both standard and custom Covison® high-temperature silicone oven door seals for the food processing industry, including advanced solid gaskets and silicone sponge for cooking, baking, combi steam oven and autoclave applications.
Our extruded and molded oven door gaskets have exceptional mechanical properties and are compliant with food contact materials regulations in the United States and the European Union, including the most demanding FDA and BfR regulations to ensure the highest security for consumers. We co-develop with clients the most efficient and performance-oriented shapes of gaskets that minimize your products' maintenance requirements. Our engineers possess extensive material knowledge, and we’ll work directly with you to design custom oven door seals that meet your exact specifications.
- Durometer hardness (Shore A): 50-60 for typical oven and autoclave applications
- Durometer hardness (Shore A): 25-80 is available on request
- Chicken grease resistance specific formula
- Extreme temperature resistance: -50°C to +300°C (-166°F to +527°F)
- FDA 21 CFR 177.2600
- BfR Empfehlungen XV Silicone
- The Official Journal of the French Republic
Journal officiel de la République française - Arrêté du 25 novembre 1992
Features & Benefits
- Delivery in frames, rings and coils
- Non-toxic material with approved grades in food contact
- Grease and moisture resistant
- Highly durable and long life span
- Finite Element Analysis (FEA) tool for creating shapes